Hump Day PDX

Location

SE 9th & Belmont
Portland
,
Oregon
97214
,
US

Important Venue Notes

A 4 block street closure.

Website

Description

This venue doesn't have a description. Can you add one?

Future Events

- No events -

Past Events

Wednesday
Aug
14
2013
Wednesday, August 14, 2013 from 6-10pm
6-10pm
Venue:
@
Hump Day PDX
Hump Day is a monthly street festival on the second Wednesday of the month June through October. We shut down 4 city blocks for artists and musicians to show and sell their works.
Wednesday
Jul
10
2013
Wednesday, July 10, 2013 from 6-10pm
6-10pm
Venue:
@
Hump Day PDX
Creative Collaborations lovingly presents: ~~~ HUMP DAY ~~~ Hump Day is a new monthly street festival on the second Wednesday of the month, running June - October. Admission will always be free. It is the mission of Creative Collaborations to develop an economic system that will generate the greatest potential for happiness. So we are shutting down 4 city blocks once a month and putting as much art and music in it we can. SE 9th Ave will be shut down between Belmont & Taylor. SE Yamhill will also be shut down between 8th & 10th Avenues. This forms a wonderful + sign that fits around 100 vendors. Hump Day is a platform for local creative entrepreneurs to exhibit their work to our local community. We will maintain 80% ratio of art vendors, from fashion/jewelry, to paintings and sculptures. The other 20% will be delicious food vendors and other nonprofits that align with our values on happiness. The ends of our street closure will be preserved for musical and performance artists that want to busk for tips. The Green Dragon's parking lot will be converted into a 21+ beer garden featuring our main stage. Our Main Stage musical guests: Vanessa Rogers (www.vanessarogersmusic.com) Eddie Valiant (https://myspace.com/valianteddie) Melting Pot (live) (https://soundcloud.com/meltingpotmusic) Kyrstyn Pixton (http://kyrstynpixton.com/) Tenth Degree & Hella Dangle have teamed up to bring us another sound system. They will be slaying some tracks on SE 10th & Yamhill. https://www.facebook.com/TenthDegreeProductions?fref=ts https://www.facebook.com/hella.dangle?fref=ts And many more... The beer garden will feature breweries and distilleries local to the South East neighborhood. A $3 donation will lovingly be accepted at the door of the beer garden for our performing artists on stage. We would like to thank KBOO and KZME for their media support. For more info feel free to like our page or visit our website. www.humpdaypdx.com https://www.facebook.com/pages/Creative-Collaborations/236627849712752 If your interested in selling your artwork with us, we want to help you! Send us an email at Hump42Day@gmail.com. The after party will be The Analog Cafe & DRD Records Little Theater (SE 7th & Hawthorne) Please help our artists and share and invite friends to Hump Day. We started with social media and word of mouth. Thank you all for your support. ♥ http://www.facebook.com/events/660294700651780/